Wednesday, April 19, 2006

nonsense

Hehe, I've been tagged. Here we are, six weird things about me:

1. I get hiccup-burps on a regular basis. I have no idea what causes them, but they're really not fun.

2. I am absurdly sensitive to noises. I think some people can hear annoying sounds (a nose whistling, something rattling with the vibration of a car, a dog's intermittent barking, etc) and just block them out, but I fixate.

3. I sleep with earplugs and a pillow between my knees. I can't fall asleep without them, unless I'm drunk. I started wearing earplugs because my college roommate was a snorer ;) And I've been using a knee pillow for so long that when I don't have one, I feel like I'm completely misaligned.

4. When I was younger, I had an imaginary twin sister. (I was an avid Sweet Valley Twins reader; that may have had something to do with my inventing a sister.) Usually I only talked to her in the mirror, but she knew all my secrets, and she sometimes gave me great advice, sometimes terrible, self-destructive advice. I think she was an outward expression of my conscience or something.

5. The light shining around the cracks in the door of a dark room creeps me out. It reminds me of the scene in Ghostbusters where Zool breaks through the kitchen door in Sigourney Weaver's apartment and possesses her. You see her sitting in her unlighted living room with her back to the kitchen, and then you hear this creaking, and the light behind the door is glowing through the cracks, and then Zool's clawing at the possessed, pliable door, and it's freaky as hell. ~shudder~

6. I really, really dislike garlic. I don't like how it lingers on my breath long after I've finished eating, and I don't like its pungent stench. I don't mind the subtle flavor it adds to about a million dishes, but if I can taste the pure garlicky essence, I'm disappointed.

So I don't really have more than one person to tag-- Jessie-- but if anyone feels like reposting this, then, you know, do it. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

My father actually created an evil imaginary twin for me named Christo. I think perhaps because my full name wouldn't fit on forms or something. We never talked or anything, we just hung out together.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, did you taste anything funny about that coffee you had at my house this evening?

It tasted all right? That's what I mean. It wasn't all right.

I put a little soda in it.

About the same amount that I'd have used if I'd wanted to use...garlic.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Jessica Spotswood said...

Check. Whenever we get around to having our dinner party, no garlic!

I loved SVH books too and am thus sort of fascinated by twins, but never had an imaginary friend. My sister's (Gogo) used to beat me at croquet, though.

I did the meme! Thanks for tagging me. :)

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home