Friday, August 25, 2006

Musicians are the neatest

Last week, I went to an Iron & Wine concert in Brooklyn. After the show, I met Sam Beam! I met Sam Beam! Wheee!

Tristan is acquainted with the frontman of Califone, who were one of the opening acts for the I&W show. So he gave Tim Rutili a call after the concert, Tim came and greeted us, we awkwardly followed him around like puppies, and then we turned a corner and there was Sam Beam, the man behind Iron & Wine.

I think my heart may have stopped for just a second, and then I started feeling all nervous. I have no idea why, other than the theory I have that my nervous system conspires to make me look like an idiot as often as possible. I shook Sam Beam's hand and said that it was a wonderful concert, and I know I babbled some other useless stuff, and he kindly asked my name and then followed suit with Tristan and his college chum Jon.

Oh how I wish I could be eloquent and laid back in situations like that, but, well, that's just not me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home