Saturday, February 19, 2005

barfly

I wonder what we were thinking when we drank
tequila last year and shared sob stories, yours
subtle, ongoing, mine explosive and over.
We were escaping, but it wasn't a time for escaping
nor for contemplating. It was a time for confronting,
for action, dramatic change. Instead
we drank to confusion, sharing
every thought that came to mind, even
the ones that were supposed to be secret.
I wonder what we were thinking, side by side
on the sofa with dangerous ideas and possibilities.

I forgot my sweater, strewn over the back
of a black chair, incriminating.
A reminder of what even tequila
could not accomplish.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I hate to be an asshole but I think you meant to write 'sofa' and not 'soda.'

But I like it.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Aw crap. Well, it's fixed now.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home