Tuesday, February 01, 2005

unfinished

It's one in the morning and I have to be up in seven hours. That's fine. But I'm tired, and I should have gone to bed when that first wall of fatigue hit me two hours ago. Now I will lie awake and think about the things I have to do when I get up in seven hours. I should have mailed those letters today. I would like to go through my favorite plays and spend a day reading them, paying attention to their words like I did a year and three months ago when all I had was that writing on a page. That's what I'd like to do instead of what I have to do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the procrastinator's remorse. I know thee well. But I got a bit of a boost tonight when my mother assured me that she is not disappointed in me, and indeed, how grateful she is just that I made it through college on time, and with honors. Moms are cool like that.

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home