Sunday, May 22, 2005

"Time passes. Listen. Time passes."

So another month has passed, and I still have no idea where the time goes. I thought the free time would positively pour over me once I was done with the show, but it doesn't really feel that way. Maybe my subconscious is still stuck in the inertia of doing a show and I haven't quite gotten used to my freedom yet. I had a dream the other night that I had another performance and I was so pissed off that our director just wasn't letting us go. But. Not so. It's over, I've been able to connect with my friends more, and I saw a bunch of college friends this weekend at Jonathan and Gina's wedding.

I'm tempted to get really sappy here and ramble on about how much I love my friends. Even the people I don't talk to very often I'm still completely comfortable with. I guess it comes from having shared a dorm with these people, having shared meal after meal with these people, having sat in my pajamas in various dorm rooms and listened to music or watched something goofy or grudgingly made an attempt at playing Smash Bros. with these people.

I slept over at Lindsay's after the wedding, and sharing a room with her is still as natural as... I don't know, organic granola or something. It's soothing slipping back into the roles we played years ago.

It's strange, this growing up thing. Friends of mine are getting married, are married, some are having babies. Other friends already have their MAs, others are getting PhDs. God, remember when we were all just applying for college, before we even knew we could meet so many people worth holding on to for as long as possible? When our high school rooms were still decorated with ribbons from 1994 and the troll dolls we collected when we were nine? Well, that's what I had anyway.

I have no point to this. "It all seems like yesterday and at the same time so far away." It sounds so contrived, but whatever. It's true.

It's just so damn bittersweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home